About YMCA Operation Backpack
The Valley Shore YMCA is once again gearing up to provide school supplies for children in our communities. The children you help through this project will be filled with hope, joy and excitement as they start the school year. Your investment will provide these children the opportunity to start school with the tools to be successful.
Many willing hearts are needed to assist with this project. Help the YMCA make a difference in the life of a child. Donate a backpack filled with school supplies and change a life!
Please follow the simple steps outlined below as you make purchases for this gift.
2) Buy school supplies and put them in the backpack. See the list below for some recommended school supply items.
3) Write a note of encouragement to the child and place it in the backpack.
4) Drop off the completed backpack to the Valley Shore YMCA by August 19, 2109.
5) Enjoy the feeling of making a difference in the life of a child!
- New Backpack
- Pocket folders
- Crayons: 8 or 24 pack
- Lunch boxes
- Tissue packs
- #2 pencils
- Colored pencils
- Glue sticks
- Book covers
- Notebook paper
- Spiral notebooks – 1, 3, or 5 subject
- 3-ring binders
- Pencil boxes
- Hooded sweatshirts – it can get chilly at the bus stop!
Last year we were able to provide 160 backpacks to children throughout 11 towns in our local community through the support of our loyal YMCA members. Help us beat that number in 2019!