The biggest difference between the Valley Shore YMCA and anywhere else? The people! Make a difference in your community and be a part of the Valley Shore YMCA team. As a YMCA employee, you earn more than a paycheck. You have an impact on children, families and adults of all ages and walks of life. YMCA employees receive a free individual membership and many discounts on YMCA programs including camp and childcare. Come join the Friendly Y!
Current Job Openings
- LIFEGUARDS – We are looking for certified and experienced lifeguards to work a variety of shifts and provide a safe environment for our members. If you are not currently certified but would like to join our team, please contact us for information on upcoming courses. Contact Caitlin Koshoffer, (860) 399-9622 x110 for more information.
- JANITORIAL/HOUSEKEEPING – We are currently looking for male and female housekeepers to keep our facility sparkling clean! Contact Mark Torniero, (860) 399-9622 x117 for more information.
- SWIM INSTRUCTORS – If you enjoy swimming and working with children this is the perfect combination! Prior experience is preferred but we offer additional training in the Y swim lesson program to caring individuals willing to learn. Contact Caitlin Koshoffer, (860) 399-9622 x110 for more information.
- SWIM COACHES – Our excellent swim team is looking for new coaches to round out the leadership of our Head Coach, Teddy Weeks. For more information, review this job description and contact Caitlin Koshoffer, (860) 399-9622 x110 for more information.
- TEACHER FOR BEFORE/AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM. We are looking for staff to work in our quality childcare programs, which are held in local schools and follow the school calendar. If you enjoy working with children, please contact Rebekah Coffey or at 860.399.9622 ext. 118.
- MEMBERSHIP SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE. Become the face of the Y! We are looking for enthusiastic staff member to register members for programs, answer phones, and welcome members. Computer skills a must! For more information please contact LHayward@vsymca.org, (860) 399-9622 x108.
- TRIATHLON SWIM COACH. Be part of the Tri Club Family! We are looking for an swim coach with experience working with adults of all swim levels, including the ability to lead our beginner swim clinic for new adult swimmers. For more information please contact Chris at email@example.com, (860) 399-3139.
Please download application and drop off a letter of interest to the Valley-Shore YMCA, Post Office Box 694, Westbrook, CT 06498.
The Valley Shore YMCA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Bilingual skills a plus!
OUR COMMITMENT TO PREVENTING CHILDHOOD SEXUAL ABUSE
Our YMCA is committed to preventing childhood sexual abuse and ensuring the safety of all children at the YMCA and its programs. All potential employees are required to have criminal and sexual offender background checks, as well as both personal and professional references. All YMCA employees are required to have training on preventing and reporting abuse.
Current YMCA employees are required to read, sign, and present a copy of the signature page (p. 16) to their supervisor. Review and download our Child Abuse Prevention Manual.