PICKLEBALL IS ON:
WEDNESDAYS AT 3:30 PM – 5:30 PM & SUNDAYS 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Pickleball, was created for all skill levels, combining the elements of tennis, ping pong, and badminton. The rules are simple, the game is easy to learn, it’s tons of fun, and a decent workout.
While Pickleball can be a competitive workout, it’s easy to learn and play! Pickleball is played on a court smaller than a tennis court with a net, a paddle and a ball similar to that of a Wiffle ball. You can play inside or outside or even create your own makeshift court. You can play singles or doubles and the scoring and rules are easy to follow. To learn the rules of Pickleball and more about the sport, visit www.usapa.org.
If you’re an avid Pickleball player or recently hooked on this fun paddle sport, come on over to the Valley Shore YMCA to enjoy a competitive game in a social atmosphere while learning new strategies to better your play. Never played Pickleball before? You may be surprised by how quickly you catch on! It’s a great sport for all ages and abilities that provides not only healthy exercise and activity, but also allows for positive social interaction.
The Valley Shore YMCA builds stronger communities with programs and services that help all individuals learn, grow, and thrive in a welcoming, inclusive environment. In fact, the Y offers activities and programs for everyone — every day! Find the program that’s right for you.
|DAY & TIME:||Wednesday: 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm|
Sunday: 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
|COST:||Free for Members|
$5 per Teen Player (13-17 years) per day
$15 per Adult Player (18-64 years) per day
$6 per Senior Player (65 years and up) per day
|Reservation Required:||Visit our reservation page, filter to Pickleball to make your reservation|
VALLEY SHORE YMCA PICKLEBALL ETIQUETTE AND RULES OF PLAY
- All levels and ages are welcome
- Players sub in on rotation, everyone gets to play
- Change partners before each new game
- If players are waiting, use winners/losers arrow rotation
- Or an agreed upon rotation that allows everyone to sub in equitably
- Encouragement and support of all players in keeping with the YMCA mission
- Shirts & sneakers must be worn at all times, street shoes are not allowed in the Gymnasium
- No food allowed in the Gymnasium
- Coffee & sports drinks are not allowed, water is the only beverage allowed
- No swearing and/or other inappropriate language