YMCA MARLINS SWIM TEAM
Teamwork, Friendship, Fun
About the Marlins Swim Team
The VSY Marlins are one of the top USA Swimming competitive age group programs in the region, with a high percentage of our swimmers going on to higher levels of competition. The swim team is composed of boys and girls ranging in age from 6 to 18. The program is designed to be rewarding for all levels of swimmers — from those new to swimming, to swimmers who consistently place at the top of their age groups in competitive swimming. The program seeks to provide every swimmer-athlete, regardless of experience, the ability to develop to their highest level of swimming and personal achievement. Along with learning competitive swimming skills, being a Marlin exposes children to self-discipline, respect, loyalty, good sportsmanship and fun. Visit our team site for more details.
Marlins Swim Team Short Course Season
September 11th – February 23rd
Partial Fall Season: September 11th – December 1st
Partial Winter Season: December 4th – February 23rd
- Marlins Division approximate ages 7 – 11
- Age Group Division approximate ages 10-13
- Seniors Division approximate ages 13-18
Swim Team Practice Schedule
- Marlins (Beginner Ages 7-10) @ 4:30pm – 5:30pm
- Age Group (Intermediate Ages 10-13) @ 5:30pm – 7:00pm
- Seniors (Advanced Ages 13-18) @ 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- Practice offered Monday – Friday
- At least 1 swim meet every month on the weekends
- Y & USA Swimming Membership required
- Parent volunteering is required
- Parents are not permitted on deck during practice
Not quite ready for the swim team? Still need to learn all four swimming strokes?
Mini-Marlins: (Stroke Development Ages 5-10)
Mini Marlins is a once a week 45 minute class offered Tuesday/Thursday/Friday @ 4:30-5:15pm & Saturdays 9:15am-10am. Sessions run in unison with swim lesson sessions.
The Mini-Marlins is designed for children who are interested in joining the swim team but still need to learn how to swim all four strokes. Swimmers who participate in the mini marlins program will learn how to swim butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke and freestyle. They will learn how to perform flip turns and starts. This is a noncompetitive team.
Pre requisites: Swimmers must be able to swim 1 full lap without stopping(sinking) in at least 2 out of 4 strokes.
For more information please email Head Swim Coach Teddy Weeks @ Marlins@vsymca.org