YMCA MARLINS SWIM TEAM
Teamwork, Friendship, Fun
About the Marlins Swim Team
The VSY Marlins are one of the top USA Swimming competitive age group programs in the region, with a high percentage of our swimmers going on to higher levels of competition. The swim team is composed of boys and girls ranging in age from 6 to 18. The program is designed to be rewarding for all levels of swimmers — from those new to swimming, to swimmers who consistently place at the top of their age groups in competitive swimming. The program seeks to provide every swimmer-athlete, regardless of experience, to develop to their highest level of swimming and personal achievement. Along with learning competitive swimming skills, being a Marlin exposes children to self-discipline, respect, loyalty, good sportsmanship and fun. Visit our team site for more details.
Marlins Swim Team Short Course Season
September 13th – February 25th
- Marlins Division approximate ages 7 – 11
- Age Group Division approximate ages 10-13
- Seniors Division approximate ages 13-18
Swim Team Practice Schedule
- Marlins (Beginner Ages 6-10) @ 4:30pm – 5:30pm
- Age Group (Intermediate Ages 10-13) @ 5:30pm – 7:00pm
- Seniors (Advanced Ages 13-18) @ 4:30pm – 6:30pm
Not quite ready for the swim team? Still need to learn all four swimming strokes?
MINI MARLINS: AGES 5-10
Tuesday or Thursday: 4:30pm – 5:15pm
These non-competitive teams help the swimmer build endurance and refine strokes. These teams are designed for swimmers who do not want to compete in meets and do not know all four competitive strokes. Swimmers will be introduced to intervals, starts, finishes and turns.
For more information please email Head Swim Coach Teddy Weeks @ Marlins@vsymca.org
- Practice offered Monday – Friday
- 1 swim meet every month(weekend)
- Y & USA Swimming Membership Required
- Parent volunteering is required
- Parents are not permitted on deck during practice
- Covid protocols will be strictly enforced to keep your children safe