The programs in Region 4, Westbrook, and Lyme-Old Lyme have been paused for fall 2020 due to low enrollment. We will continue to accept applications and start the program when there is enough children to run it.
Our first priority is the safety of our children and staff. We are committed to working with our local school systems to ensure our program meets all regulations and standards.
We are also offering a Fall Hybrid Learning Camp for families whose children are in districts following the hybrid model. Click here for more information.
Where Kids Excel After the Bell
The Y makes the most of your child’s after school time by offering active learning opportunities designed to engage and expand young minds. Housed in large, open spaces inside local schools, YMCA After School Care gives your child the opportunity to get to know their schoolmates better as they engage in active play and collaborate on fun projects. In the process, they’ll continue to develop the physical, educational, emotional, and social skills which are proven keys for success.
As a leader in youth development, the Valley Shore YMCA serves over 200+ children a daily basis providing safe, quality, affordable afterschool care in seven schools along the Shoreline. For Elementary School-age children, enrollment is open to any child, ages 5-12 years old who is a student of the school/district in which the site is located.
Check out our Registration Page for School Listings, Pricing, and Required Paperwork
Y AFTERSCHOOL BENEFITS
• Conveniently located on school campuses
• All sites are licensed through the Department of Education
• All staff undergo pre-employment background checks
• Low staff-to-child ratios
• Highly qualified staff who receive ongoing education
• Financial assistance available, upon application
Y AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM MODEL
All of our afterschool programs provide a range of activities including:
• Homework help
• Structured academic enrichment activities
• Indoor/outdoor physical play
• Hands-on engaging activity centers for students to explore
• Healthy snack