MAKING A GREAT PLACE EXTRAORDINARY!
Every day, the Y is strengthening the foundation of our community. It is our responsibility to adapt and grow in response to area needs so we can continue to serve in the greatest capacity possible. Together, we will create a vibrant hub for engagement and inclusion that unites our community and transforms lives. Your generosity will have a transformational impact by helping to raise $5.5 Million to accomplish this major project for the Lower CT River Valley.
MISSION, IMPACT & NEEDS
Currently, over 10,000 people benefit annually from the Y, with more than 10,000,000 visits since 1974! Our much used and well-loved facility is at maximum capacity with a shortage of available space to serve the changing needs of our community. The Valley Shore YMCA’s Capital Campaign is our opportunity to make a large-scale impact on the Lower CT Valley, by modernizing our facility, increasing program spaces and opportunities for children, families and seniors, and ensuring the facility is accessible to all. The renovated YMCA will have the ability to impact hundreds more youth, families and seniors.
THE CAPITAL EXPANSION WILL ADD
- State of the Art Wellness Center
- New Amazing Kids Center
- Modern Locker Rooms
- Community Room with Teaching Kitchen
- Dedicated Group Exercise Studios
- Family Changing Rooms
- Expanded Lobby
- Upgraded Mechanical Systems and Infrastructure
- The YMCA serves more than 10,000 members and guests, with 25% receiving subsidized memberships/services.
- More than 700 people of all ages visit the YMCA every day.
- More than 250 children served weekdays in our before and after school childcare programs.
- 1,200 seniors annually provided customized exercise and aquatic programs at no or reduced cost through insurance partnerships.
- Specialty health programs support adults with cancer, Parkinson’s disease and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities.
- 1,200 children annually have a safe place to have fun and gain independence at “Kids Night Out” every week.
NEEDS FULFILLED WITH EXPANSION
- Enliven and grow programs and create new physical spaces that will allow connections between people to flourish. Foster a stronger network of support across our community to help everyone at every stage of life and experience.
- Develop a fully accessible new Wellness Center to update our facility to provide modern equipment, allow service to more than 600 new members, and meet the changing needs of our aging community.
- Fill a great void for family activities on the CT Shoreline through creation of Family Activity and Teen Centers to allow families to connect with each other that offer elements that are exciting and engaging for all ages.