THE STRONG CHALLENGE
WEEK 3: CONNECT
Your STRONG Challenge continues with Connect! This week we will get STRONGer through CONNECTing with people and God (for those looking to strengthen their spiritual lives)
Did you know that on average we receive over 6000 messages a day? Let that sink in… These constant beeps, dings, buzzes and tweets are demanding our attention and severely hurting our health. And worse, they are pulling us away from the things that truly matter the most in our short lives. This week, you will be challenged go to deeper mentally and spiritually in the Challenge. You got this and we believe in YOU, because YOU are STRONG.
TURN OFF THE NOISE AND CONNECT DEEPER WITH YOUR PEEPS AND YOURSELF.
Week 3: STRONG ACTIVITIES
FEATURED VIRTUAL OFFERINGS
Get ready for our encore performance! Join us on Thursday, November 5 at 6:30 pm for 45 fun-filled minutes finding items and performing tasks around your house. Register on our Facebook Page and get ready to have fun.
Suggestions for CONNECT Week
Below are some ideas to help us connect to our friends, strangers, loved ones and fellow STRONG Teammates.
- Try a Live Zoom Class – Schedule Here
- Our STRONG Videos are updated every week.
- Video call a friend or family member you haven’t spoken to for a while
- Zoom or call a friend and/or family member where there might be a strain in the relationship, be STRONG and reconcile with them
- Go for a family walk – leave all electronics at home
- Attend a group fitness class
- Give compliments
- Create simple art projects (rocks or shells) and leave them on neighbors’ doorstep or on a walking trail
- Give blood
- Connect with your friends at the Y
- Connect with your family, no tech-tv for one night only engagement
- Connect with yourself, God, nature through a hike or trail walk (journal your experience!)
AFTERNOONS AT CAMP HAZEN
AFTERNOONS AT CAMP HAZEN
On November 8th, from 1-4pm and November 15th, from 1-4pm Camp Hazen. in Chester CT, is inviting all STRONG CHALLENGE participants to come to camp for a couple afternoons of fun! The sports fields and courts will be open as well as our 160 acres of hiking trails for a great opportunity to get out there and move!
Activities include: Tennis, Volleyball, Soccer, Basketball, 4-Square, Gaga, Bouldering, and Hiking!
The afternoons are free for everyone, you just have to be signed up for the STRONG Challenge
All visitors will have to fill out a waiver and undergo a quick COVID related health screening upon arrival. Face masks must be worn at all time indoors and if you cannot maintain a 6ft distance from others outdoors while at camp.
There has never been a better week in the challenge to connect with your accountabilibuddy! Call them, ask how they are doing. Offer some encouragement and STRONG cheerleader spirit! AND, join the Facebook Community Group (link here) to share your moments of connection with your new friends! When we connect, we are STRONG.