Partner up with a trusted friend or loved one and get ready to join this fun weight loss competition. This 12-week program will motivate you to lose weight, tone up and create healthy lifestyle habits. Each week, participants will be awarded points for active participation. You will be held accountable through weekly weigh ins, challenges, check ins with partners, group meetings and special events. You will be required to submit a weekly progress sheet. No Partner, no worries, we will select a partner for you with similar goals. The duo with the most points wins.
The program runs from the kick-off on Sunday, January 12 at 11:00 AM through the wrap up celebration on Sunday, April 5th.
At the end of the 12 weeks the partners with the greatest number of points will become the Shoreline Partner Slimdown Challenge Champions. The winning partners will each win a $50 Amazon Gift card.
All ready to go? Click here to get registered!
Your first weigh in will include:
- A BMI measurement
- In addition to nutritional tracking & advice, and Exercise Classes
- Private Weigh-ins, Body Measurement and Body Fat Analysis
- Community Facebook Group to share challenges and successes
- Cash and Incentive Prizes
- Proven Weight Loss & Tons of Support!
- Personal Training is available for an additional fee
- Participants can join the private Shoreline Slimdown Challenge Facebook group to share stories, workouts and successes with others in the program.
WEIGH-INS & BODY FAT PERCENTAGE
- Your individual body weight or full name will never be shared!
- Participants must weigh in wearing only shorts/yoga pants and a T-Shirt. No jackets, coats, sweatshirts, sweatpants etc.
- If you are away any particular week during the challenge, notify Ellen ahead of time and your weigh in, group classes or personal training for that week will be excused.
- The first official weigh in must be on Sunday, January 12, 2020
- Each weekly weigh in must be done in the Wellness Center during one of these times:
Mondays 5:00 to 6:00pm, Fridays 7:00 to 7:30am and Saturdays 8:00 to 9:00am
- The cost is $100 for YMCA members, $200 for non-members.
- Entry fee is non-refundable
You can register in person at the Valley Shore YMCA or online.
- Please do not register for the challenge if you cannot commit to your weekly exercise program twice a week.
We are here to help. Please contact Ellen Nichele, Fitness Coordinator with any questions or concerns. firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.399.9622 x121