Our reopening plan is focused on both safety and member experience. Many of your favorite activities and amenities are available in complete compliance with the Governor’s Reopening Task Force, CDC, and local health.
How did you make decisions about your safety protocols?
With guidance from health officials, government leaders, Y-USA the Valley Shore YMCA developed our reopening plan. The plan outlines our COVID-19 mitigation strategies, and many thoughtful, informed discussions about how best to resume operations and safely serve members and program participants.
Mask Update – as of May 19, 2021
All staff and members who have been fully vaccinated for two weeks have the choice to not wear a mask indoors.
All unvaccinated individuals must wear a mask while indoors, except when swimming or taking a shower. All childcare and camp programs will continue to follow the mask protocol determined by the Office of Early Childhood until further notice.
- We will align and update our operations with each successive phase of the Governor’s Reopening Task Force.
- Signs are clearly displayed at the front doors asking you to stay home if you have signs of respiratory Illness. If you have signs of COVID-19 you may not enter the facility.
- All members and staff are to check-in during each visit.
- Sign a new waiver and member code of conduct before coming back to the Y.
- All payment transactions will be cash-less. A credit card machine will be available and Members must swipe their own card.
- Pool usage is for Valley Shore YMCA members only at this time.
- Bring your own water. Bottle filling stations only are permitted.
- If you would like to give feedback about service please ask to speak with the Executive Director or any Director team member at the Valley Shore YMCA.
Locker Rooms – Open
- While this is not a Covid-19 specific rule, please remember cell phone usage is not allowed in the locker room.
- Saunas are not available at this time.
Fitness Rooms – Open
- Members must wipe down their equipment with spray provided before and after each use.
- Staff will be regularly disinfecting high touch areas in our facility.
- Please make reservations for each area in the fitness center for a maximum of one area per day.
Group Fitness – Open
- Small group Exercise classes are available and must be booked online. This replaces the old “ticket” system.
- Virtual Classes will continue to be available.
- Please bring your own yoga mat for yoga and any traditional classes requiring a mat. Bring yoga blocks, if needed, to all yoga classes.
- Bring your own water bottle.
Pool – Open
- Bring your own kickboards and pull buoys. Shared equipment is not available.
- When arriving for your swim time please place belongings on a marked spot on the bleachers.
Programs on Hold until Fall 2022
At this time, the following services are unavailable:
- Amazing Kids Suspended
- Sauna Room Closed
Our Commitment to Cleanliness
We are committed to maintaining a safe and clean environment. We will
- The Y is implementing new stringent cleaning and disinfecting protocols throughout all areas of Y facilities and program sites.
- The Y will only use products that meet the EPA’s criteria for use against the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Members and staff are asked to have a part in keeping our facility clean! Please wipe down your machines before and after each use.
What safety protocols are employees required to follow?
- Staff who have a fever or are not feeling well are told to stay at home.
- Hand sanitizing stations and disinfectant spray for equipment will be provided throughout the facility. We also encourage our employees to wash their hands frequently with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Cleaning will now be a major component of all Valley Shore YMCA job duties. All staff will be required to clean and disinfect surfaces often. There are no exceptions.